3D Diamond Detectors
The Manchester group has pioneered the development of 3D Diamond detectors.
Below you see an example of test detectors (left, right) produced in Manchester and our laser processing set-up (middle).
Current Group Members:
- Alexander Oh (PI)
- Olivier Allegre (co-PI)
- Ivan Lopez (RA)
- Francisca Munoz Sanchez (RA)
- Alice Porter (PHD student)
Former Group Members:
- Iain Haughton (RA)
- Giulio Forcolin (PHD)
- Steve Murphy (PHD)
- "Study of Electrode Fabrication in Diamond with a Femto‐Second Laser", Phys. Status Solidi A (2019).
- "Study of cubic and hexagonal cell geometries of a 3D diamond detector with a proton micro-beam", Diam. and Rel. Mat. 77 (2017).
- "Simulation of 3D diamond detectors" NIM A, 845 (2017).
- "Laser processing in 3D diamond detectors" NIM A, 845 (2017).
- "Evaluation of a 3D diamond detector for medical radiation dosimetry", Journal of Instrumentation, Volume 12, January 2017.
- "Study of a 3d diamond detector with photon and proton micro-beams", Diamond and Related Materials, 65:75 – 82, 2016.
- "A 3D diamond detector for particle tracking", NIM A, 786 (2015).
- "A novel detector with graphitic electrodes in CVD diamond", Diam. and Rel. Mat. 38 (2013).
- A.Porter, "3D Diamond Detectors for Particle Tracking and Dosimetry", talk, IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium, Manchester (UK), 26 October - 2 November 2019.
- I.Lopez, "Fabrication and characterisation of 3D diamond sensors with a femtosecond laser", poster, 30th Int. Conf. on Diamond and Carbon Materials, Seville (Spain), 8-12 September 2019.
- I.Lopez, "3D Diamond Detector Fabrication and Characterisation with a Femto-Second Laser", talk, 23rd Hasselt Diamond Workshop, Hasselt (Belgium), 13-15 March 2019.
- A.Oh, "Latest Results on Radiation Tolerance of Diamond Detectors", International Conference on High Energy Physics (ICHEP 2018), Seoul (South Korea), 4-11 July 2018.
- A.Oh, "Diamond particle detectors systems", invited talk, 3rd Intl Conference on Sensors and Electronic Instrumentation Advances (SEIA 2017), Moscow (Russia), 22-24 September 2017.
- A.Oh, "Diamond Detectors in HEP", invited talk, Workshop on Detector Technologies for High-Energy Physics, CiS Forschungsinstitut für Mikrosensorik GmbH, Erfurt, Germany, 28-29 November 2016.
- A.Oh, "3D diamond detectors for particle tracking and dosimetry", invited talk, European Materials Research Society Symposium Materials for electronics and optoelectronic applications, Warsaw, Poland, 19-22 September 2016.
- A.Oh, "Fabrication and Test of a 3D Diamond Detector for Ionising Radiation", plenary talk, International Conference on Diamond and Carbon Materials, Bad Homburg, Germany, 6-10 September 2015.
- I.Haughton, "3D diamond detectors for tracking and dosimetry", 12th "Trento" Workshop on Advanced Silicon Radiation Detectors, FBK, Trento, Italy, 20-22 February 2017.
- G.Forcolin, "Simulation of 3D Diamond Detectors", 22nd Hasselt Diamond Workshop (poster) - Hasselt, March 2017.
- G.Forcolin, "Simulation of 3D Diamond Detectors", 12th Trento Workshop on Advanced Silicon Radiation Detectors (poster) - Trento, February 2017.
- G.Forcolin, " Recent beam test results of 3D detectors constructed with poly-crystalline CVD diamond", 12th Trento Workshop on Advanced Silicon Radiation Detectors (talk) - Trento, February 2017.
- G.Forcolin, "Simulation of 3D Diamond Detectors", 14th Vienna Conference on Instrumentation (poster) - Vienna, February 2016.
- S.Murphy, "Laser processing in 3D Diamond Detectors", 14th Vienna Conference on Instrumentation (poster) - Vienna, February 2016.